The Institute for Security and Technology is looking for interns for a wide variety of projects to include those focused on nuclear security, disinformation, cognitive security and democratic security writ-large. We encourage all interested applicants to apply!
Work hours and timeline are flexible, as projects operate on a rolling basis. This is a 100% remote position. Interns will be provided with a stipend commensurate with experience.
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills: ability to prioritize, multitask, solve problems creatively, and work under tight deadlines
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as with a small team
- General interest in emerging technology trends like cybersecurity, ML/AI techniques, democracy, human rights and security, or digital vulnerabilities
- General interest in national security and foreign affairs
- Desire to contribute to a dynamic team focused on cyber and national security policymaking
- The ability and patience to process large quantities of documents
Working at IST
The Institute for Security and Technology designs and advances solutions to the world’s toughest emerging security threats. We are a nonpartisan, nonprofit network based in the San Francisco Bay Area dedicated to solving critical international security challenges through better technology and policy. For more information, visit www.securityandtechnology.org.
We are a close-knit team with an excellent remote workflow, and take pride in providing our interns with reliable mentorship. We work with interns to advance their professional development by providing access to our network in an intern’s field of interest, and support opportunities for professional exposure. We look forward to your application.
How to Apply
Interested applicants apply by submitting the following materials to [email protected] with “IST Intern” in the subject line.
- Updated resume
- Cover letter in body of email that answers which current IST project would be of interest and highlights relevant coursework or work experience.