The Institute for Security and Technology (IST), a growing national security and technology 501c3 research institute in the San Francisco Bay Area, is seeking a Research Associate/Senior Research Associate for Advanced Computing. We are a passionate, tight-knit team, excited about the challenges we are tackling — join us in the fight! Organized to assess and incubate solutions to security threats, IST embodies the ethos of “bias for action” in order to outpace some of the world’s toughest technology-driven security challenges. IST leads policy analysis, develops technology solutions, and convenes some of the best minds across the technology, national security, and civil society sectors.
The Research Associate for Advanced Computing will help IST expand its research into artificial intelligence and quantum computing, among other advanced data processing capabilities. Knowledge of hardware supply chains is a plus. Research Associates perform a wide variety of research tasks, to include conducting literature reviews, collecting data, conducting interviews and running focus groups. The incumbent writes reports, concept notes, blog posts, website content, and contributes to funding proposals. Research Associates have some administrative responsibilities, including organizing virtual and in-person events.
- Candidates should have 2-3 years of professional experience in research, the technology sector, or a related policy field.
- Excellent writing skills are a must
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science required
- Graduate work in statistical analysis, engineering, or other science and technology fields desired.
- Must be legally able to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Location: Remote US (Preference for San Francisco Bay Area)
How to Apply
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please send your resume, and a cover letter highlighting your expertise and experience in advanced computing topics, and how you would grow IST’s advanced computing portfolio to [email protected]. Candidates invited to continue the application process will be asked for a writing sample.